There's a lot to be thankful for in my life, and sometimes it takes requests like Kate's to make me sit down and think about it properly. For a couple of years as I faced a rollercoaster battle with my own black dog (these days a black mouse most of the time thankfully!) I kept a gratitude journal to force myself to see the shining lights from my own black hole.
I fall in and out of love with my gratitude journal, but it's a lovely keepsake to look back through every now and then. Sometimes my entries would be forced and rote, but that's all it would take to make me see the loveliness in my life.
These days I'm thankful for a lot.
- I had the opportunity to become a woman. I've never felt more womanly since I became a mother. I'm so thankful for Mr S for helping me become a mother, in a whole sense, not just a 'gave birth' kind of way.
- Mr S and I live simple, honest lives. We have many facets to our lives together, but we don't care for big cities or flashy houses. We LOVE shiny things, but don't love what's involved to have the shiny things. I love that I'm adult enough to recognise the difference these days.
- I love my mad creative skills. I've always got creativity on the brain, and always a project on the go. I love that I'm crazy enough about these things to make time to do it. Usually at the detriment of the housework, but being creative gives me a stillness in my soul that I so desperately need to function.
- I am so in love with my daughter it's mind-blowing. We took a long time to get here, and I'm so pleased we did. I'm so excited that we're going to have double the love in our household so very shortly.
- Friends. Friends I've never met but feel so close to, and friends I don't see very often but it never matters. We just pick up where we left off. I have a handful of close friends and I'm so grateful for them, a mere text/email/phone call makes me heart sing and my mouth smile for a whole day!
What about you? What are you grateful for?