It's time for another crafty check in here! It's been a bit quiet of late, with my needing to wrangle Millie more than usual as Mr S does Manly Renovation Things with the bathroom, so without further ado!
This fortnight I've..
|Sent Miss Maggie G's birthday present, she received and|
sent me photos of her wearing it, and wearing the ribbon
that it came wrapped in, as a headband, Rambo-style.
|Turned two $5 K-Mart T-shirts into one maternity shirt.|
|It's not quite finished yet. I lost the mojo for it... soon it will return.|
|Gone all Nana on my dressing table. Still loving it. Read about it here.|
|Made a gorgeous light shade for M's room. Read about it here.|
|Finished a custom iPad case for a customer in Canada...|
Spidey just wants to be free!
|Inside of iPad case. Pink iPad does not belong to my 30-something|
year old male customer.
- European cushion covers for Millie's room, made from her curtain fabric, and I'll source some lime green broadcloth for other cushions too I think.
- Curtain tie-backs for Millie's curtains, made out of some raspberry corduroy I've got already.
- A wallet for the same iPad customer.
- I want a new handbag.
- I really should finish that kid's apron.
- Some A4 envelopes to finally complete my sweet-as pattern storage system. There's a post to come about that. I love some good organisation these days. Who am I?
- A case for my Instax camera - I need to get some confidence and draft a pattern for it.
- A fleecy underskirt for a maxi-skirt I'm dying to wear whilst pregnant this winter.
- the cardigan I drafted a pattern for. The pattern is sound, the fabric was not. I swore it was 4 way stretch and snipped away merrily. It is 2 way stretch. So I made a maternity shirt instead, somewhere along the way forgetting this stretch issue again. Made the entire shirt, and it did not stretch horizontally... you know, where you NEED it to stretch. I swore a lot and put it away, never to be seen again. You live and learn, but what do you mean it wasn't perfect first time?!