I love baking brownies. So simple and so delicious. This recipe has taken me through many variations, my favourite still being additions of dried cranberries, white and dark chocolate. However, Casa Smyth was short on white chocolate and dried cranberries, so it was two kinds of dark chocolate instead. I know, dreadful.
I did a bit of a pictorial of my process for you. This also coincided with my '24 hours with' documentation for Sarah over at Dear Baby G.
|We started with this...|
|This is my best kitchen friend, my Willow Blue Kitchenaid.|
|64% & 72% chocolate. Choppity chop chop chop.|
|My baby is free range.|
|I did a thousand you know...|
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Add sugar and butter and beat until smooth.
- Add baking powder, salt, sifted cocoa and flour, beating thoroughly until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add vanilla and other additions. Mix should be firm, not runny.
- Spread mixture into a greased sandwich tray and bake at 1800C for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray. After mix is cool, using a sharp knife cut into slices.